Web3 Economy Training
What is ReFi?
- ReFi - Regenerative Finance is the practice of closely examining the balanced, predictable, healthy and sustainable systems and universal principles of nature that have not been touched by humans and prioritizing these systems in the design of a new economy.
- This is the movement of individuals who are driven by the desire to construct an economic system that regenerates the natural resources enabling life on our planet, which is described as "The Only Known Harbour" by Carl Sagan’s book Pale Blue Dot and it ensures their transmission to future generations.
Why ReFi and why Turkiye?
- To achieve the Sustainable Development Goals, developing countries require an additional $4 trillion in annual financing. Due to social crises such as the pandemic and the Ukraine war, achieving these goals has become an even more difficult goal.
- The World Meteorological Organization has announced that four key climate change indicators measuring our impact on the planet will set a record in 2021.
- The expected Limit Exceedance Day date for Turkiye this year is June 22. Last year, this date was stated as July 29, and the previous year it was August 22.
- According to the International Environmental Partnership, it is estimated that due to climate change and disasters, globally, 1.2 billion people will be forced to migrate by 2050.
- According to the International Organization for Migration, Turkiye is the country hosting the highest number of refugees globally. The majority of the refugee population consists of those who have been displaced from Syria due to climate change.
- Out of the 10 countries listed in Save the Children's report "Countries in Conflict: Worst Places to Be A Child," Turkiye is directly affected by 5 of them.
- According to a survey conducted by the Turkish Youth Clubs Confederation, approximately 65% of the population between the ages of 18-29 in Turkiye has knowledge about crypto currency exchanges, with an investment rate of approximately 48%.
- Is it possible to create a new financial model that turns the impact of predictable shocks, which researchers have been studying since the 1970s, into a "creative destruction" -in Bekir Ağırdır's words- that invalidates the dynamics triggering crises?
- ReFi Turkiye is a call for an age of regeneration, bringing together those who draw strength from our differences around common issues, with the spirit of solidarity from the early years of the internet and a desire for a better future.
What Will We Do?
How Do I Participate?
→ Ecosystem Partners
→ Program Initiators
Enjoy the weather
Harvard Business Review
World Economic Forum